Dr. Bray was featured in a Becker’s Spine Review article that covered his work in organizing a donation of 160,000 N95 masks to several large hospitals throughout the United States. Dr. Bray explained to Becker’s Spine Review, “Hospitals ran through months of PPE in days. As it evolved into a pandemic, there was a massive shortage. The supply chains were not built for this. One of the main shortages was N95 masks.”
With the help of some of his contacts, mostly former patients and collogues, Dr. Bray managed the allocation of the 165,000 masks to several large hospitals.
Some of the Notable Donors Include:
- Sheldon Adelson & Rob Goldstein, Las Vegas Sands Corporation
- Michael and Iris Smith, Freeport LNG
- Todd Chaffee, IVP
- Jeffrey Lurie, Philadelphia Eagles owner
- Mel Geliebter, The Geliebter Foundation
Masks were Delivered to the Following Hospitals:
- National Jewish Health in Denver
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Penn Medicine
- Temple University Hospital
- Providence Saint John's Health Center
Read the full article here.
About the author
discmdgroup DISC Sports and Spine Center (DISC) is one of America’s foremost providers of minimally invasive spine procedures and advanced arthroscopic techniques. Our individually picked, highly specialized physicians apply both established and innovative solutions to diagnose, treat, and rehabilitate their patients in a one-stop, multi-disciplinary setting. With a wide range of specialists under one roof, the result is an unmatched continuity of care with more efficiency, less stress for the patient, and a zero MRSA infection rate. Read more articles by discmdgroup.